Tea and Kate Blog. 2015. Powered by Blogger.

Social Media

Design Focus : Sophie Kinns

Tuesday 18 October 2016




We are super excited to bring to you our Tea and Kate Selected collaborations. We have chosen some of the very best artists and designers and here we introduce the very talented Sophie Kinns.

Sophie Kinns is a house print designer by day and illustrator and general creator by night. Living in Market Harborough she works from a little studio space created in her flat (a desk surrounded by a DIY shelving unit made up of wine boxes, old wooden drawers and childhood light up globe.) When she’s not at her desk you will probably find her creating a feast in the kitchen. Failing that she loves exploring different places and cities which inspire the themes in her design work. 


What is your creative process like?
_
Usually i record things I’ve seen in a sketch book, be it a person on a bus with a characterful face or a beautiful architecture detail in a building, and i go from there. 

Your work is so beautiful what sparked the idea for your unique calendars?
_
Last year when I was in New York I became inspired by my surroundings the idea of my cityscape calendar started to evolve. I was really taken by idea of people being able to assemble their own skyline, i suppose it’s a very simple way of telling your own story. I find myself being naturally quite narrative when designing, recently when designing an illustrated sellotape i found the fluid line work flowed from one whimsical scene to another. (Being able to bring these little day dream scenes to life is one of my favourite parts of my job.)

Do you have any tips for staying inspired?
_
I’ve recently started doing an evening pottery course, this has got my head whirring with ideas and inspiration. I find doing and being inspired by other creative disciplines like this my way of keeping me feeling innovative. 
What is on your Tea and Kate wish list?
_
Being a stationery magpie the folding pocket and the concrete desk set are next on my Tea and Kate shopping list! Though perhaps the concrete desk set should be next on my pottery class to make list!!


____
Shop Sophie Kinns Limited Edition Calendars here.






SaveSave
SaveSave

Pin ThisShare on Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

tea and kate© Theme by Blog Milk